Monday, January 4, 2010

Story Spinners: Option 3

As I regained consciousness, I remember asking myself, "Why me?". I looked up through my wet hair and tried to see where I was, but drops of icy rain froze my eyes shut. My body felt numb and I wasn't sure what kind of shape I was in. So I moved my legs around a bit and heard a sloshing sound. I looked down to see that I was three inches deep in a puddle that was still filling up. "Crap." I thought. "Now I'll never get dry."

I slowly stood up on my sore legs and stretched. I instantly doubled over in pain. After a few minutes of slow breathing, I went on to blame Luke for my condition. If he hadn't of suggested me go to the store, I wouldn't be in this mess! Then I remembered that he had suggested it, but I had just gone the day before. And even though I didn't need to go, I went anyways. "What a stupid idea!" I thought.

Then I remembered the black sudan waiting for me outside of the store. I remembered walking faster and faster, waiting for the sudan to turn, but it never did. Instead its headlights continued to shine on me and when I started to sprint, it ran me down and my pursuers chucked me into the trunk. When I woke up next, I was getting shoved down a long vestibule filled with people. I tried to scream out, but I realized that there was a gun to my back and a knife at my side.

I wasn't really thinking straight when I stopped and pointed the gun towards the mans partner. The man shot and everyone ducked, that gave me enough time to sprint towards the exit. I made it about halfway when the door swung open and another man came out with a gun. I lowered my shoulder and hit him out of my way, then I sprinted outside, praying that they wouldn't follow me. I heard one man yell over my shoulder, "You stubborn woman! Well get you sooner or later!"

No comments:

Post a Comment